Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by SteveW Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm
All,

The weather over the next 24 hours is very wet, with further showers on Wednesday. Therefore my planned route around Castle Howard will have to wait until another time!

I suggest a firmer route around the western edge of the Moors. Meet at 6.45 for a 7.00pm start at the small car park at the top of Sneck Yate Bank, OS ref 5095 8771. Car access is easiest (from the south) from Sutton Bank, and follow the small road along the edge of the escarpment to Sneck Yate. If you have any problems with the location, let me know. (For those that can't make it this week, I can do this ride another time also).

To ensure firmer riding, we will descend off the escarpment mostly off road, but climb back up on a steep road climb past Kepwick Hall. Therefore rear lights, in addition to front ones, will be needed. I have a spare front light this week if someone needs to borrow one...

I'll check the weather nearer the time and make a final decision on whether it's worth going ! Please keep an eye on this post, or let me know you're coming and I'll make sure you're in the loop.

Hope to see you Wednesday !

Steve

by Paul meillo Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:39 pm
Good work Steve, at this stage I don,t know if I can get away from work in time

by cayman Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:45 am
Hi Steve

I should be able to make it, if I can get out of York

Ian

by SteveW Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 am
Hi all,

Weather update - much better than the last 2 days ! The forecast is very promising, with maybe some showers but largely dry.

The road conditions are much better today than yesterday, so access should be ok, once we're away from the Ouse.

The ride will take in some good decents, with rocky sections to keep you on your toes, and there will no doubt be plenty of water / mud under wheel. I suggest a change of clothes just in case !

If anyone needs a lift, or any queries, let me know on 07788 728547.

Hope to see you there,

Steve