Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by SimonW Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am
August's MTB club run will start from Reeth, meeting at the carpark in the centre at 9.45am for a 10am start.

Scotty and my self will be leading the Killer loop (in lieu of Ian who is probably still packing :wink: ), 47Km, no cafe stop planned so bring some lunch, the pace will be 1 X me slower than Scotty!

Karl is leading the none killer loop and I am sure he will post with an excess of information :)

Please post if you are joining us!

All welcome.

Simon
by Karl M Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:54 pm
SimonW wrote:he will post with an excess of information :)

:D Just to add, the travel time from York to Reeth is around 1 hr 20 mins.

Where to eat after the ride? With 8+ cafes and pubs competing for customers in the village, we could decide from all of their advertising leaflets stuck to our car windscreen wipers, when we get back.

Anyone with map reading skill above that of a 9 year old will be especially welcomed on the Steady ride.
The ride will be around 20 miles/ 32 km long and 3-3.5 hrs in duration (bring a little food). And it'll accommodate everyone, so please wait for me at the bottom of the descents.
Cheers.
:D

by Mr Marmite Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:35 pm
Hi guys,

I should be out this weekend, need a good ride out!

Does anyone fancy car sharing, I'm coming from Riccall. I don't mind driving (I have a Mini so pack light) or being Co Pilot for someone!

Adam
by cayman Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:55 pm
Hi

Newbie to forum, would love to go on the slow ride, so if you can count me in please

Many thanks

Ian
by cayman Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:34 pm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68753810@N ... 915978174/

Many thanks to all today for making me feel very welcome,

Karl , thank you for organising, I now also understand your line "just a little up that hill" mmmmm

Enjoyed it all and look forward to the next one

Ian