Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Debs Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 am
Dalby Old Skool here we come....meet at 7pm at Low Dalby Car Park. There is the chance I may be slightly late as I have a meeting that is scheduled to finish at 6:30 in Malton but may over run. Steve Wilson has offered to corral you all until I get there! (Cheers Steve)

Yes, there will be mud; yes, you can ride a hardtail; yes, all are welcome. yes, you'll probably need lights. There may be a bit of climbing over fallen trees too, just for the real "off-road experience". :)

Please post if you are coming.

by Ros Tue May 22, 2012 3:11 pm
Should be there :)

by Cavegiant Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm
Count me in.

Do we seriously need lights?
I have them, but they mount on my full face, it's a little warm for that?

Does anyone want a lift from York, or even better, can anyone give me a lift from York?

P

by BigRinger Tue May 22, 2012 9:41 pm
I would like to come on this ride if possible but picked the short straw tonight and lost the use of my shared car with my brother so need a lift out from York if anyone has any spare space much appreciated?

Michael

by Debs Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 am
Cavegiant....i'd recommend lights. All we need is a puncture or mechanical and that's us finishing in the dark. Remember we'll be in the trees so it'll be darker anyway.

by Cavegiant Wed May 23, 2012 7:23 am
I will bring my back up lights then, not as fun as the 4000lm main light, but should be fine.

Happy to offer a lift (if you chip in for petrol).

Where do you want picking up from, or can you make it too Leeman Road (I live next door to sorting office).

by Chris Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 am
I'll be there!

by BigRinger Wed May 23, 2012 8:27 am
Thanks cavegiant, sure I'm more than happy to contribute to petrol and should be able to get to leeman road no problem just give me a meet time and I'll be there thanks.

Michael

by Cavegiant Wed May 23, 2012 9:09 am
Ok anyone have any suggestions on a meet time, not sure how long it will take to get to Dalby from York through rush hour?

by jayw Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 am
I'll be there.
It usually takes me about 50 mins from Acomb to dalby going the long way around the ring road setting off about 5.45ish, hope that helps.

by Cavegiant Wed May 23, 2012 11:24 am
Meet at 5:30. direction in PM
Last edited by Cavegiant on Wed May 23, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
by SteveW Wed May 23, 2012 11:56 am
All,

Just a polite reminder - this forum is open to all, cyclists or otherwise, and I would advise that addresses or directions to your house are not made public in case anyone uses the information for the wrong reason, especially when you're asleep or out the house !

May I suggest you PM each other or swap mobile phone numbers for those arrangements to be passed.

Regards,

by Cavegiant Wed May 23, 2012 4:22 pm
So are you coming, can you text me I need to know if I am waiting around for you or not?

by BigRinger Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm
Nice fun ride tonight thanks for organising it Deb :)

Not sure pm's are working, not recieved any & sent one myself which I don't think has been recieved either