Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Debs Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:44 pm
Hi All

This month's club run will go from Sutton Bank Visitor Centre Car Park. In a change from normal club runs, we'll be meeting at 11:30am so that I can go for a run beforehand, and this time eat some real breakfast to avoid a repeat of January's ride!!

I'll have some options available for the ride so that we can hopefully get out whatever the weather....fingers crossed.

Please post if you're coming :)

See you there
D

by Ros Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 pm
Hi Debs
Is it a ride that will be suitable for all :?:
Thanks
Ros

by Debs Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:45 am
Hi Ros

So long as you can bike for about three hours I don't think, given the amount of snow, that we'll be going anywhere fast!

D

by Karl M Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 am
I’ll happily turn back early with a few others, to give the option of a shorter ride.

by Ros Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:20 pm
Hey Karl sounds like a plan....one other possible problem, I don't have winter tyres on my bike and it's a hard tail (not got a full suss yet) will the ride be suitable :?: :?:
Then again, the snow might have all gone eh :lol:

by Karl M Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm
Hardtail will be fine. It’s mainly smooth fire track and bridleway round there.
Tyres- any knobblies will do. But have the most knobbly, widest tyre on the front.
This will be ideal. 8)

by Debs Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm
Hi
Thanks for the offer of the shorter ride, Karl. I'm pretty sure that we'll all be able to stick together - but it's nice to have the option should anyone want a shorter route (me most likely given last time's outing!) :).
Re. Hardtail Ros you'll be fine!! Might actually bring mine out for a change - wouldn't overly worry yourself about tyres either - just get out and ride, that's what it's all about :). Snow riding is brilliant fun - here's hoping we get a little bit more!!

See you up there on Sunday.
D

by Dan Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:48 pm
Ros wrote:Hey Karl sounds like a plan....one other possible problem, I don't have winter tyres on my bike and it's a hard tail (not got a full suss yet) will the ride be suitable :?: :?:
Then again, the snow might have all gone eh :lol:

I'm hoping to be out and will be on a hardtail. I'm actually selling my full suss frame as I don't want one anymore (no this isn't a sales plug) I actually prefer hardtails. New frame ordered hopefully coming this week then will have to swap the components over.

by SteveW Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 pm
Debs,
I plan on joining you on Sunday. I'm working nightshift the night before, so a later start suits me fine ! If the weather stays snowy / icy, I'll most likely bring my hardtail too.
If anyone wants a lift let me know - travelling from SW York.

Steve

by Ros Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Ok so it looks like hardtails could be quite popular on this ride - don't feel so lonely now :D
See you on Sunday

by Sharpy Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 pm
Could be tempted out on this one! Will be nice to meet a few of the off road folk from the club as well!!

Cheers

Sharpy

by Debs Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:33 pm
Hi - please note that this ride is cancelled.

I've been out this morning and given the amount of snow still laying and the overnight forecast for another hard frost I don't think this would be a fun ride!

I'll re-organise for later in the month :)

Cheers
Debs

by Ros Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:21 pm
That's sad :(
Never mind, look forward to riding later in the month :)
Thanks for letting us know Debs