Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by SimonW Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:49 pm
Dear all,

This months club run will be a big loop on the North Yorkshire Moores, last done by me in August '09, Garmin-o-files please feel free to down load the route.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15314275

We will be starting from the car park at the top of Chimney Bank (GR 722949), on the track heading towards Bank Top, Nr Rosedale, at 10am, sorry no cafe stop until the end of the ride so bring lunch or lots of snacks.

Paul Crain will be leading a shorter loop sutable for all.

Post if you can make it!

Cheers,

Simon

by Tullio Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 am
Anyone who isn't feeling up to Simon's loop is welcome to join me on the shorter ride. I've got several routes in mind which will depend on the weather and the riders. Post here if you've got and special requests.

All welcome.

by SteveW Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm
Simon,

I'd love to come on the ride - I'm working nights Saturday so finish at 7am Sunday, so I'll see how I feel before comitting myself to joining you!

Steve

by Debs Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm
Simon,
Would love to join your ride (assumes this bloody cold goes!). I'm running at 7:45am in York but think it's only a short one so will take MTBiking stuff and hope to be at Rosedale to meet with you at 10am. I'll let you know if this changes so you're not waiting un-necessarily for me.
Please order some nice weather :)
See you soon
D

by barberj Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 pm
I will be there on Sunday :D

by anotherpaul Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:31 pm
Blimey Debs... Impressive! :)
I'll be there on Sunday too!

by Mr Marmite Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 pm
I'm coming on Sunday too, my cold seams to have gone now, plus my bike has been repaired after the front suspension decided it didn't like running on air anymore, so now it needs a good shake down....

Adam

by Ros Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:28 am
Would have loved to have come on this ride - esp as there is a 'me' type ride going :) sadly can't as we have an event on at work on the same day...enjoy the ride folks :D

by Karl M Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:05 am
In case anyone’s as dim as me regarding maps and clicked Simon's Garmin link and thought:
“the starting pin indicates the car park, it’s at the top of Blakey (ok not Chimney) Bank, it has a track heading to Bank Top and it’s near Rosedale”
... We’re not meeting there.

We're meeting here.

A few people have the ability to defy anyone who thought they explained something clearly enough. :D
Last edited by Karl M on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by SimonW Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 pm
Thanks Karl,

I call in "natural selection" it's all part of the adventure.

or was!

:wink:

by allyst170 Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm
Tullio,

Quite fancy joining you on the short route, I will have just come off nightshift.
What sort of distance/route did you have in mind.

Ally

by kazled Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm
Hello, I'll be coming - probably on the short route. See you there if I can find it. Will be going from York and can take one person plus bike if anyone needs a lift.

Karen

by jamesp Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm
Hi guys, Im up for the ride, sounds like a good loop. Would anybody like a lift or can I grab a lift over? Live york clifton.

Ta James

by BigRinger Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:40 pm
Hi all,
I just seen this and would love to come along with you guys. Very late notice but if anyone has any space in their car for 1 small dwarf and bike let me know, (I'm in poppleton, york)

Ta Michael