Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Allan Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 pm
Thought that I would crack this one open after last nights discussions on Emila's leaving do. I am looking to do a bit of different stuff next year but some of the possibles are -

Fred Whitton
Trans Wales
Mountain Mayhem
10 under the...
Kielder 100 - already in!!
Clifton challenge rides etc

Anyone have any ideas for something new/different?? Any enduros/marathons that perhaps I have not heard of??

Allan

-------__0
--- --- \_ \¬
------ (+) / (+)______ better by bike!

by SimonW Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 am
Hi Allan,

Gravity Enduros
Clifton Challenge rides

For me this year

Simon

by StephF Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:00 pm
Allan, your list is our list from the last couple of years (apart from the Kielder!) we do need something new. I'll have a look around..

by SimonW Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 am
Hi Ros,

No plans this year for the Birkebeiner.

May be next year :)

by Gill C Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:09 pm
Single speed UK is in a northern forest this year, a good excuse for more bike kit and lots of beer?

by lugster77 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 pm
could 10 under the ben be described as hardtail friendly?

by Tullio Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 am
Andy,

I haven't done 10 Under the Ben but ridden the trails they use.

You'll be fine on a hard tail. Endurance events like this usually have terrain that isn't too technical as the organisers don't want to be scraping tired riders who crash off the course all day/night. The Challenge last year was the weather so it became quite muddy.

by jayw Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm
Andy'
I've done 10 under the Ben for the last 4 years & it you'd be fine doing it on a Hardtail. The weather was the worst its ever been though so this year me & Sarah are going to do 10 @ Kirroughtree & 10 @ LLANDEGLA instead.

by lugster77 Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 pm
ah great stuff cheers! :D
might have to give it a bash then!