Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by anotherpaul Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:20 am
I was thinking of heading over to Dalby next wednesday evening to do a spot of training for mountain mayhem (as it's only 2 weeks away! :shock: )... Anyone fancy joining me to do a pretty fast, non-stop lap of the red route?
7pm at Low Dalby?

Cheers.
Paul

by Allan Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:22 pm
Sounds good to me - maybe we can practice the le mans style start that you will be doing at MM!!!!

by anotherpaul Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 pm
Allan wrote:Sounds good to me - maybe we can practice the le mans style start that you will be doing at MM!!!!

Haha... well you said you wanted a good warm up before you ride... Sounds like you could be the right man for the job! :wink:

by SimonW Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:04 am
I will be up for this.

Simon

by JamesClayden Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:29 pm
I will be there.

Are we aiming for the 1:55 TT record? :)

by Rich Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:00 pm
Count me in.

by Debs Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 pm
Unfortunately I can't join your training session as I am out to dinner with some friends. However it looks like you're going to get some proper Mayhem weather to train in....I still remember how bad it was 9 years ago, so much mud your wheels wouldn't turn round....It was even just a little too muddy for me :twisted:
Enjoy your training session guys - I'll think of you as I'm tucking into my saddle of rabbit or some other such delicacy. :D

by RichT Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 am
Was hoping to be out today but the parts to service my forks have just turned up, so will have to spend the evening fettling them instead. They won't hold any air at the moment! :evil:

Does anyone known where I can find a service manual on line for a 2008 Rock Shox Revelation air uturn?

Cheers

Rich

by AndrewS Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:49 am
I'll be there aslong as the heavy rain holds off.
I'd be up for doing a lap of the wc course if anyone else is.. Supposed to be racing most of it on Sunday and haven't been around it before.

by RichT Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 pm
Simon

That looks spot on!

Cheers

Rich

by Tullio Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:30 pm
I hear Andrew broke his own Red Route Record with a 1.54 last night.. with Simon snapping at his heels 4 mins behind.

Next milestone is 1.45 then!

by Allan Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:36 pm
What is not mentioned is that one member of the same ride group hit 1:48 on a 30 pound coil shock full suss bike and another was not too far off that on a fully rigid 69er single speed. I think the latter may do pretty well in the solo category at MM.

by JamesClayden Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 pm
I think allot of people broke their own records last night.

4 people doing the whole route (not starting from go ape) in under 2 hours is very good going. I am just pissed off I didn't manage it in under 2:15. I will try again soon.

by AndrewS Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:24 pm
Didn't catch the guys name but he was super quick. He said he got back 7mins before me so must have been towards a 1:50 for the whole course?
We should make it a regular meet...