Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Jorvik Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:23 am
I'm riding at Dalby tomorrow evening, starting at 7.00pm at Adderstone Field. Planning to ride the World Cup course a few times, anyone interested in joining me?? Fergus

by David Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 pm
I might be up for it, depending on the amount of people going, also I don't have lights so can't stay out too late...

David

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by richard Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 am
Should be up for this, dont have lights so cant really do the other night ride. Probably gonna go to visitor centre car park for about 17.30 and ride the red round to Dixon Hollow for 19.00

by SimonW Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:28 am
Fergus,

The gate at the bottom of the hill by Staindale lake is locked between 8.30 and 9pm, it might be worth parking at the carpark just befor the gate after Staindale lake.

Simon

by David Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 am
Yeah, that sounds good...

Id be up for that then meet Jorvik at Dixon's, that would still leave a good 2:30 hours riding time before it gets dark.

Could I hitch a lift from someone as I could not get there, I would be more than willing to contribute for fuel money and driving effort...

Im at work till 3, and live in the Hull road area of york if anyone could offer me a lift I would be very grateful.

David

by Jorvik Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 pm
Hope you can all make it. I'll be at Dixon's Hollow at 7.00pm and we can decide what we're up to then. I might ride up to Dixon's Hollow from the Visitor centre if time allows it.

by richard Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:35 pm
David wrote:Yeah, that sounds good...

Id be up for that then meet Jorvik at Dixon's, that would still leave a good 2:30 hours riding time before it gets dark.

Could I hitch a lift from someone as I could not get there, I would be more than willing to contribute for fuel money and driving effort...

Im at work till 3, and live in the Hull road area of york if anyone could offer me a lift I would be very grateful.

David

Hi David maybe able to give you a lift, like i said i am going up early for about 17.30 so if i pick you up at about 16.45? Can you get to B&Q on Hull road for then? And be ready with your wheels off as it will be quicker to shove the bike in the back of the car.

by David Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 pm
Front and Back? I shall be there at 16:45, I shall be near the main entrance...
Last edited by David on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by richard Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:23 pm
David wrote:Front and Back? I shall be there at 16:45.

Yep both see you in abit.

by Cavegiant Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:05 pm
Hi,

I am up for coming this week,

I can give 1 person a lift if they want.

by Cavegiant Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm
I should add I finish work at 5:30, can pick people up from middle of York.
Will I need lights,

I have them, but have to fit and a minute saved is a minute of biking earned.

by allyst170 Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:23 pm
Me and Norman will be there too. Where are we all meeting? The car park as Simon mentioned?

Ally
by Jorvik Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 pm
Sorry Ally/Norman, I'd left the office before your e-mail and didn't know you were coming. David, Richard and I set off at 7.00pm from Dixon's Hollow having checked Adderstone Field for anyone else, however we would have waited for you if we'd known. I think I passed you on the ride up to Adderstone but didn't recognise you at the time, sorry again.
Fergus