Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by cath Sun May 30, 2010 6:36 pm
All,

I am organising Marshalls for the Premier Calendar Ryedale Grand Prix, Peter Longbottom Memorial road race on Sunday 6th June. You might already be aware of this and have gone running for cover! I am at the moment quite a few Marshalls short of the requirement for running the event so I am looking to see if anybody can help or indeed those who have generously offered to help already can gather any help from other’s on the day.

The Sunday event is the 5th round of the Elite Men’s Premier Calendar Series currently led by Chris Newton (Rapha Condor - Sharp) from Jack Bauer (Endura Racing). The race itself starts at 1130 from Duncombe Park and will be contested over 180 km on the familiar road circuits based around Hovingham and finishing on the tough uphill drive in front of the Stately Home in Duncombe park. The Elite Men’s Championship on the Sunday starts at 1130 and is expected to finish at around 1530. Food bags will be provided to keep you going! Good weather has been booked too!

The field for the event always includes great depth and quality including a field of all top home riders including Chris Newton, Jack Bauer, Kristian House (Reigning National Champion), Stephen Burke (Beijing Olympic Pursuit medallist), Rob Hayles, Ian Wilkinson, Malcolm Elliott, John Tanner, Kit Gilham (former Clifton CC York) and York riders Ali Kay, Jamie Sharp and Callum Sewall.

This is a critical event for those chasing the Premier Calendar Crown and those riders aspiring to be National Road Race Champion on the 27th June in Nelson, Lancashire. It’s going to be well worth watching and seeing it all happen. There will be television coverage of the event and I expect footage to be available on the web too.

An offering of appreciation for those who Marshal at the event is a full refund of entry fee for your ride in the Ryedale Rumble sportive event to be held on Sunday 8th August 2010.

If you would let me know if you can help and particularly if you can bring along additional help it would be greatly appreciated. Without you, these events would not be possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the Best

Ian

by Dr Dave Mon May 31, 2010 8:33 am
Shouldn't this be in the 'Road/Gen Discussion forum?