Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Broom Wagon Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 pm
Can anyone give me some advice on MTB racing? How do I enter races and are there any that are nearby. I'd have very poor technical skills because I'm a confirmed roadie and I'd be only interested in cross country races.
Last edited by Broom Wagon on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Allan Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:04 am
Broomwagon

There are a couple of race series around the region try:
1. nutcrackermtb.co.uk - a new race series around the richmond/bedale/dalby areas. (pure xc racing)
2. brownbacksracing.co.uk - a series set in one location at Lee Quarry Bacup - about an hour away down the M62 (pure xc racing)
3. nymbo.org.uk - a 9 event series based in north Yorkshire - quite well attended by the clifton mtb club (trailquest racing).

contact Tullio for even more details.

Step over to the dirty side!!!!

Allan

by Broom Wagon Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:37 pm
Yes, I'll have a look at those, but after doing the Scotton 100 today and watching John S (someone who I'd hope to be able to mix it with on the road) easily ride away from me on the off road sections, I realise I probably haven't got what it takes.

Also I don't know my hardtail's up to it, it's very heavy. Still I might enter one anyway, what's the worst that can happen?

by IanH Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:20 pm
Steve

There also is the Yorkshire summer cyclo cross league, I noticed in the winter series there was quite a few hardtail MTBs there with some of the riders doing quite well.

http://www.yorkshirecyclocross.org.uk/

Ian H

by Tullio Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Steve,

You have mail.