Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:10 pm
Before the last Ice Age we used to organise regular Wednesday Club Runs. Next week the clocks go forward so we'll be re-introducing these back into the Calendar, starting this Wednesday.

For the 1st 2 weeks at least it'll be a 'dusk' ride so lights will be needed and we'll be at Castle Howard.

Meet 7pm Coneysthorpe X-Roads layby (opposite the Lake). Pace will be at the speed of the slowest rider so suitable for all including newcomers.

As the days get longer we'll be going further afield and rides will get longer.

by Torf Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm
Heya - looking to get the MTB out for the 2nd time this year, and have been put onto CCC by a friend. Any chance I could join you tomorrow?

Not a member, though more than happy to pay any dues necessary :)

Have you got many coming along?

by Tullio Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm
Hi Torf,

Come and join us, there'll be about 6 out.

Don't worry about membership yet, just see if you like it first then we can sort membership out. See you there.

by Torf Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:29 pm
Great stuff - barring any disaster with the bike tonight I'll be there. Will send you a PM with my details.

by Lilly Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:06 pm
Yes Please!
I'll be there provided it's not raining cats and dogs...

by AndrewS Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm
I'll be there also for my first ride...unless its raining like last night!
The layby at the north west corner of the lake?

by Tullio Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm
The layby is NW corner of the Lake. 100m Sth of Xroads.

However, forecast tomorrow has just got worse. If it continues to rain all day tomorrow I'll cancel. Keep an eye out and I'll cancel on here by 3pm. If no post assume it's on. Either way it'll be a little mucky but I've planned a route to avoid the worst mud. Remember back light too as there'll be some road sections.

by Can'tstop Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:50 pm
I'll be there too.

Cheers

by Torf Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 am
Hmmm ... due to be fine til around 3-4pm, and then raining until 11pm :)

by JamesClayden Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 pm
I was out riding up there last night and it was quite muddy but not un-ridable. Not sure if it has got much worse.

I will not be there tonight but hope you manage to go ahead.

by Torf Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 pm
BBC weather shows drizzle / light rain in the area from 3pm through to midnight ... then the heavens open. Hopefully we'll be back and showered before then! :)

by Torf Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:50 am
Thanks Paul for organising the ride last night and for lending me the headtorch - thoroughly enjoyed it :)
Really appreciate everyone looking after me as well - nice to meet you all.

Geoff

ps, "Not too muddy tonight" arf :)