Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm
Dates and venues have been confirmed now for the whole series.

The 1st event is in Bedale over Easter weekend so clashes with our trip to the Lakes. However, most of the rest are nicely slotted in between our events for the year (with the exception of those doing the End to End). Some nice venues too - Aske Hall is similar to Castle Howard just outside Richmond and Fremington Edge, where we're going in a couple of weeks for the club run, should be a great location.

Categories for all and the series is BC points qualifying so you can be sure of a quality field of riders.

Details here

by JohnS Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:07 pm
Is anyone from Clifton signed up/planning to ride the first round Nutcracker on Easter Sunday?

I've entered the Vets race and wondered whether I'm likely to see anyone else from Clifton riding.

Let me know if you are.

Best regards

John

by willowtrousers Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:51 am
I will be there, wearing a number for the first time on bike! :shock:

Chris.

by JamesClayden Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:10 pm
I am thinking about doing some of the later ones so was wondering how the first round went? Does it seem like a series that is worth entering.

by JohnS Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:19 pm
James,

It was good!

Overall the event was well organised. Entry was simple and everything went pretty well to time on the day. Some teething problems in getting the results posted (still waiting) but the organisers are aware of this and expect to have this sorted asap.

The course was good if a little flat but very, very muddy. The standard of racing was pretty good but equally quite accessible. I'd certainly recommend the series both to experienced racers and to someone new. It was my first race for over 10 years!

Overall I thought it was a great event and I would certainly recommend the series. I'm looking forward to doing some more racing and have put Round 2 on the 23rd May in my diary.

Hope to see you then

John

by AndrewS Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm
I'm thinking about entering the event at Dalby next week. Anyone else going along? It'll be my first race on a bike if i go....
Novice would suit me better as its alot earlier in the day but i'll probably end up entering 'Masters' - sounds wrong somehow..

Andrew
by Jorvik Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:12 am
I'll be racing (or trying!) this weekend. Fergus