Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:05 pm
I'm posting to see what interest there is for our planned Easter Weekend in the Lakes.

We have several options, including an option on a Residential Centre near Kendal for the whole weekend that sleeps 20. This will only work, cost wise, if we get a large group committing the the whole weekend.

Failing that there's a couple of campsites we could base ourselves at in the Grizedale/Coniston area.

The plan is simply to have a fairly relaxed weekend doing outdoor stuff and avoiding the crowds. Some are taking road bikes to do the Fred Whitton Route and Jez has an idea about Kayaking. Simon has a plan for a very extreme MTB ride on Sunday, strictly for the hardy/brave riders.

Post here if interested and if you could commit to the whole weekend. Cost for the Residential Centre could be as low as £10/11 pppn if we get enough.

by StephF Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:41 pm
Hi Paul, we'd like to come on the Easter weekend. The Lakes are my favourite place ever! Pete will be road riding as his arm won't be up to mtb, I'll probably do a bit of both.

It might be a little chilly for camping? B&B or the residential centre place would be good.

by Lilly Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:17 pm
Hi, yes for me! Residential or camping suits me - if residential doesn't work out am happy if you lot B&B and I will stay somewhere nearby...

by Tullio Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 am
Trip now full