Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 pm
For those that are desperate for some competition, keen to learn a bit of navigation or just want a fun morning out on local tracks and lanes this may be for you.

Lanequests are low key Trailquests with the course on local lanes and tracks rather than remote areas. They are suitable as hard training events or you can treat it as a leisurely treasure hunt with the family if you wish.

Registration 9.15-10.15
Start 9.30-10.30

The event is 2 hours with a sociable pie and pint at the end for those that want.

I've planned the route and can confirm that despite all the rain and snow it is still rideable so you have no excuses.

Go to http://www.nymbo.org.uk/winterlanequests200910.rtf for full details and ensure you email the organiser (Steve Willis) ASAP to reserve a map.

Anyone new to these let me know if you want to know what to expect.

by Allan Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:47 pm
This is a great event to bring the young ones to, most definately suitable for 7 year olds upwards or even the experienced roadie wanting to try a bit of rough without going too deep into the wilds!
I will of course be there with my two young lads.
Dont forget also there will be another lanequest event starting out from Tollerton on Saturday 20th Feb!!