Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Rich Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:47 pm
Hi All

Anyone up for a 24 hour mountain bike race?

If there's enough interest we can enter more than one team.

Team format can be as follows :

4 x same sex
5 x mixed sex

You can also have a team of 10 but I'm not sure how this works. And if your really mad you can do it solo :evil:

Racing starts at 2pm on the Saturday.

I raced back in 2003 and the cost then was £50 each, this included free camping and showers

I'm guessing it's gone up now but with over 2000 competitors the experience and atmosphere is worth every penny.

Follow the link below for more info

http://www.osmountainmayhem.co.uk/

Entry forms are available from the 28th Feb, this event fills up in a few days so we will need to be quick.

Any questions let me know

Rich
Last edited by Rich on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Allan Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:25 pm
I like the sound of that!
Count me in.

by Wayne Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:01 am
im looking at doing it this year, i may have a go at doing it solo, but i would also like to enjoy the whole weekend so a team may be the way forward.
keep me posted

wayne

by StephF Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:33 pm
It would be cool to get a girls team and at least one boys team then we can do girls v boys :D

I'd definitely like to come, thanks for organising it Rich!

by At the back as usual Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:39 pm
Count me in too

Can kids compete ?

Cheers Rich

by Wayne Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:26 pm
there is a mini mayhem for the kids, still a big day 10am till 6pm
w

by anotherpaul Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 pm
Sounds like fun... I'm in! :)

by Allan Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm
Steph

gill crane was talking about a girls team when we went to scotland in october....

by StephF Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:14 pm
Yes, waiting for confirmation from everyone on this thread but I think we have Gill, Lisa, me, Rachel and Rachels friend so far for the girls!

by Tullio Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:52 pm
I'll be there. :D

Happy to join a Team or act as the 'Pit Bitch'. I think with 2 or 3 Teams in circulation we should consider some sort of support crew the keep the bikes rolling.

I thought Sarah and Jason were interested too?

by StephF Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:56 pm
Ooh that sounds like Team Clifton could be a serious contender!! Does the Pit Bitch make pasta and cups of tea too? :D

by shaun23 Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:32 pm
I'd love to give something like this ago,
Not quite a member with you guys yet but I'm sure I will by then, at least this gives me something to train for 8) Not sure how well I'd compare speedwise like...
Shaun

by Lilly Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:18 pm
Yes, am indeed in with ze gals!

by Jez Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 pm
Seems like it's a case of all for one, and one for all.... and as always it's the taking part that really counts..... think we need to come up with some sort of Clifton costume