Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by cath Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 am
The deadline for the next Cliftonite is Friday 16th October - anything to go in needs to be with me by then. The email address is cliftonite@cliftoncc.org

Anyone can contribute - articles/stories, pictures, clipart, reviews, results and event reports....perhaps you've done your first race? or have just started cycling? or tried something new? or want to tell us about an experience, recent or otherwise. Maybe you've got a new bike and want to review it? Happy to print 'letters' if there's something you want to say or if you have any suggestions for things you would like to see in the mag then let me know.

The magazine will also include a form for you to claim Club awards such as the Challenge Series, plus details/ticket order forms for the Club Dinner in January.

Please see the guidelines below for more info.

by cath Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 am
General guidelines for things I normally get asked:

I will print most things I'm sent - if it's controversial/political then I may add a disclaimer. If it crosses the line (e.g. sexist, racist, homophobic etc) then I won't print it.

I reserve the right to edit, crop or alter anything I'm sent - if it's a big edit then I'll get in touch first.

Here's a new one - I've given it a bit of thought and think it's the right way to go, both for the readers and to be fair to our paying advertisers:
You can't use an article to promote a commercial business in which you have a direct interest. e.g. a sports nutritionist can write about sports nutrition - but not 'come and see me for advice and here is my price list'

Finally...file formats. There's always one or two I get that I struggle to handle, most of the software I use is free and not fancy, so please, no Microsoft Publisher files (can't open) or Microsoft Powerpoint (a real pain).

All popular image formats are fine (Jpegs, Tiff etc), PDF's, Word/Excel, OpenOffice...if you have something in a Strange and Unusual format, ask me first. If you have something hardcopy/photo's that you want me to scan or copy, then get in touch.

Hope that helps answer a few questions....

by cath Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 pm
Last call for anything to go in the Cliftonite - I need it by the weekend please.

Cheers, Cath.