Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Dan Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:00 pm
I have been road cycling with Clifton for about a year now usually the Intermediate ride on a Saturday but are now wanting to give Mountain Biking a try. I am currently building up a mountain bike (a Foes FXR frame) and are going on holiday for a couple of weeks from this weekend but when I get back I would like to give it a go.

Anyway getting around to my question what sort of distances do you cover on an average ride and how fast do you go? I hope I'm fit enough for all those mountains! Do you have any usual destinations?

I like the idea of night time / evening rides rides too, I have a high power lighting set that I used years ago which would work well.

Hope to be out soon!

by Tullio Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 pm
Dan,

I've ridden with you and you'll have no problem with our rides. I look forward to seeing the colour scheme of your MTB tho.

At the moment there's loads going on and we're all over the place. You'll just have to keep an eye on this forum for where we'll pop up next.

We've been doing regular Wed eve rides but tonight will almost be the last one as it's getting dark too quick. The good news is we then switch to night riding when the fun really starts :D

See you out after your hols.