Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Debs Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 pm
Hi All

As some of you know I'm doing the coast to coast adventure race this weekend - 4 days of kayaking, running, mountain biking, swimming - from Whitehaven to Robin Hood's Bay.

I'm part of the York Mountaineering Club Adventure Racing Team - you can follow our progress online at www.openadventure.com; or it would be great to see some supporting & friendly faces as we race across the country - you can find the route book here: http://www.openadventure.com/c2c/C2C_RouteBookV4.pdf

Cheers
Debs

by SimonW Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:48 pm
Hi Deb,

Stage 16 - NYM on Monday, hope to link a MTB ride with a point to cheer you all along.

Just need a time window and a bit more info on your route at this point?

All, Anyone elce coming along?

Cheers,

Simon

by SimonW Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:29 pm
Steph and I will be leaving York at 8am and meeting at the Lion Inn on Blackey Ridge at 9am, We hope to meet up with the racers at some point on the way to Bloworth Crossing. After we will be doing a big none technical loop round the Moors. Pace will be easy. Finishing with a a drink in the Lion!

Give me a call if you would like a lift. 07799 417422

Simon

by Debs Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 am
Thanks to those who came along to cheer us on - it was a nice surprise to see the Crane family at the tranistion from the Hellvelyn run to the Ullswater Kayak, and half of them at the finish too!! The cheering and shouting really does help us during events like this!!!
We finished 13th (I think) in our class - mixed teams - the results are only provisional at the moment as some teams missed the swim over Derwentwater on Friday evening.
Every member of the team is sporting some injury or other but essentially we're all in one piece and still smiling at the end of the event.
See you all soon.
D