Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by artyrach Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:09 pm
Hello all,

Have booked Urr Lodge in Haugh of Urr, Scotland for a club weekend away from 16th - 18th October.

http://www.urrlodge.co.uk/

The lodge is only 2 miles from Dalbeattie (7stanes trail centre). Ae and Kirroughtree are 45mins away but doable if we don't mind venturing a bit further from the lodge. There are also numerous xc trails nearby. There are 26 beds in the lodge so am offering places on a first come first serve basis - with money please!

The cost is £15 per night. This is a reduced rate as the couple who have just opened the lodge are friends of my parents. Please send me a cheque for £30 to secure your place to:

Rachel Wallis
36 The Old Maltings
Skerne Road
Driffield
East Yorkshire
YO25 6SP

After the 18th July the address will be:

Oakleigh
69 High Street
Workington
Cumbria
CA14 4EU

If cheques are sent after the 8th August I'll be Rachel Woolley.....just to confuse you all!

Thanks

Rachel

by tnwoolley Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 pm
I'm in!

by Tullio Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:09 pm
We're in :D

Cheque's in the post tomorrow.

by StephF Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm
Us too :)

by joe297 Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:15 pm
Ae there any places left on this trip as I would like to come and can send cheque if i know there is a place.
Thanks
Joe
by Jiri Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:39 pm
Can anybody give me (and my bike) a lift there?
(I will of course share the price of petrol..)

by artyrach Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 pm
Yep Lots of space, would be great if you could send a cheque to secure your place. I'm now at the Cumbria address and cheques should be made payable to Rachel Woolley.

by SimonW Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:17 am
Will post a cheque tonight.

Cheers,

Simon

by Allan Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm
Cheque in the post

by artyrach Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:07 pm
Ok, great. These won't be cashed for a few weeks as we're off on our honeymoon next week!

by anotherpaul Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 pm
Hello Rach, long time no see!

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I'd really like to go... Will get a cheque in the post to you!

Hope you guys have a great time on your honeymoon!

Paul

by Debs Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:44 am
Hi
count me in. Will send chq this week.
Have a great honeymoon.
Debs

by Jen Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:32 am
Hi Rachel

Is this one open to none members, as Jono (from Cyclescene) and myself could be up for another weekend away in Scotland, but Jono isn't a Clifton member.

Thanks

Jen

by Tullio Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 am
Hi Jen,

Where have you been?

Club events and trips are organised by members, primarily, for members. What we normally do is open up the trips for non-members if they aren't full a couple of weekends before.

Is Hooky not paying Jono enough to afford membership?

by Jen Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 am
Hello

I thought that would be the case !

I've been busy doing triathlons, Open Adventure races, holidays and dying !!!

Unfortunately when you have to pay for membership to every club you join it becomes expensive and Jono is a member of other MTB clubs already !!

You could always tell Hooky he needs to give him a payrise :lol:

Jen