Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by taz0759 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:52 pm
I used to do alot of mountain biking when I lived in the North East but have not been out for about 5 years just got a new hardtail and want to practise before attempting to keep up with you lot on a club run! I live in Bishopthorpe where would you suggest local for me to train? Im off to Dalby Forest on Sunday but would like somewhere more local to practise any suggestions welcome!! :P

by allyst170 Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:46 pm
I'd say come along with us on Wednesday nights, pace is suited to riders and all are a good friendly bunch.

by taz0759 Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:02 pm
allyst170 wrote:I'd say come along with us on Wednesday nights, pace is suited to riders and all are a good friendly bunch.

Ok thanks I could not make this wednesday but will keep an eye on where you go next week im also going to see how well I do on Sunday in Dalby!!!

by taz0759 Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 am
taz0759 wrote:
allyst170 wrote:I'd say come along with us on Wednesday nights, pace is suited to riders and all are a good friendly bunch.

Ok thanks I could not make this wednesday but will keep an eye on where you go next week im also going to see how well I do on Sunday in Dalby!!!

I really enjoyed Dalby on sunday but did have to get off a couple of times on red route (especially the initial bit) so think I need a bit more practise before coming out with you guys! I am going again next sunday so hopefully will be up to speed soon so I can join you on a wednesday!!

by allyst170 Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:47 pm
The first bit always kills me, and i'm not the only one. I have to admit I was worried about joining the club as I didn't think I'd be fit enough. More often than not I'm at the back and on steps climbs I've learned there's no shame in pushing. :D . But I'm glad I did, great bunch of people.

by taz0759 Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:47 pm
allyst170 wrote:The first bit always kills me, and i'm not the only one. I have to admit I was worried about joining the club as I didn't think I'd be fit enough. More often than not I'm at the back and on steps climbs I've learned there's no shame in pushing. :D . But I'm glad I did, great bunch of people.

Sounds great I will have to get over my fears!!

by Gully001 Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:52 pm
Join us on wednesday guys all welcome get out and have some fun

by taz0759 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:07 pm
Gully001 wrote:Join us on wednesday guys all welcome get out and have some fun

Guys I am just enquiring about getting an annual pass for Dalby can you buy them online or just from the centre?

by Tullio Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:14 pm
Passes are only available at Dalby, and somewhere in Thornton le Dale I think?!

You don't need one for our evening rides though. Entry after 4.30 is free.

by taz0759 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:16 pm
Tullio wrote:Passes are only available at Dalby, and somewhere in Thornton le Dale I think?!

You don't need one for our evening rides though. Entry after 4.30 is free.

Ok brilliant thank you!