Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:27 pm
Hi Lisa,

Where have you been?

I'm not sure if you've got your terminology mixed up. Generally there are 2 types of pads; Sintered and Organic.

Organic are the std ones normally.

Sintered have small metal particles in to make them tougher and more aggressive. Upside is you get better braking and they last longer. Downside is they're quite hard so you don't get as much 'feel' and they transfer heat more because of the metal so they'll boil your fluid quicker on alpine descents. They also wear your rotors out quicker.

Hope this helps

Paul

by Lilly Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:14 pm
Thanks for prompt response. Will get onto appropriate purchasing...

Re my whereabouts... Playing in my bus - which I think is still very exciting!! Hoping to get to tomorrow evenings ride work allowing.

by nickb Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 pm
Can i recommend A2Z disc pads sold by woolyhatshop, they have a shop on ebay, £14.99 delivered for F&R set. I have some on my Avid Juicy brakes and work extremely well and a vast improvement over the original Avid pads.

Here you go;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A2Z-Disc-Pads-Avi ... 7C294%3A50

It says juicy 5,7 etc but 3's are the same.

by Lilly Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 am
Thanks chaps. Will they fit Avid Juicy 3 though? Says 5 & 7 on the site - I'm not sure if there is a difference?

by nickb Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:20 pm
As i said on the above post, 3's are the same. Mine are 3's and i use these pads