Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 am
This month we're off to a pocket of the moors we often miss out.

Meet at the point where road becomes track at Bank Foot, (Grid Ref NZ592061) 10.15 for 10.30 start. Parking is a bit limited so either double up or park in Ingleby Greenhow 1m away. This ride will be a mixture of moorland track, forest track and rocky downhill with some stiff climbs to test the legs.

As usual, pace and distance will depend on weather and riders but expect a 4 hour ride and a cafe at the end.

by Alistair12 Tue May 26, 2009 10:19 am
Wont be able to make this one as we are in Wales at Margam Park for the weekend.

by Jez Tue May 26, 2009 8:16 pm
Sounds like another great ride being planned - will plan on being there.

As an FYI - I went and checked out Wharncliffe Forest / Pennine Trails (outside of Sheffield near Grenoside) at the weekend, which I was informed was a project involving local Steve Peat. Because the new red route seemed total wet and mud I avoided it, but looking at the pictures on singletraction - looks like would be great when dry. So although I mainly stuck to the bridleways, I have to say some of the decents whilst certainly not technical, they were pretty fast and fun.

When I read about the Pennine Trails - I hadn't appreciated that they went all the way from Hull to Liverpool - it started me thinking about a challenge to try and complete in one weeke nd.

by Gully001 Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 am
Sorry Paul can't make it biking at boring Glentress all weekend !

by StephF Thu May 28, 2009 8:40 am
Looks like I'll be coming, Intense or Scott though?!

by StephF Thu May 28, 2009 8:41 am
Looks like I'll be coming, Intense or Scott though?!

by Debs Fri May 29, 2009 7:36 am
Hi

Will be there. Hoping to get Pete out too.

If there are any changes can you txt me as I'm not on t'interweb at home.

Ta
D

by Tullio Fri May 29, 2009 12:46 pm
Debs,

Will do. Have you found the button that switches it on yet though? :D