Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by tnwoolley Sun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm
I'm not sure if many of you were aware but this weekend I participated in the Great Manchester Run (10Km) on behalf of the mental health charity Mind. Should've trained a bit more but I nailed it a fairly respectable time of 51 mins and 18 secs and came 6075th out of more than 30,000 runners!

If you're feeling charitable please, please, please follow the link below and donate a quid. Do it. Do it now! It'll take literally one minute and you can make a huge a difference. Thanks again. I'm off for a lay down now!

http://my.artezglobal.com/personalPage. ... nID=255511

Tom Woolley

by Gill C Mon May 18, 2009 4:13 pm
Tom,
Well done, I saw it on TV and it looked so wet, what's next a MTB biathalon?

by tnwoolley Tue May 19, 2009 4:12 pm
Hi Gill,

Fortunately it stayed dry just long enough for us to finish, but the heavens opened on the way back to the car so we still got a soaking.

After the race I was feeling a bit euphoric/weak with hunger and in a moment of madness signed up to do the Great North Run this September!!! So as soon as the pain in my quads subsides (which it still hasn't) I'll be back on the training again :shock:

The regime has space for 'cross training' which I'll take to mean cycling so I'll still be out for the odd bike ride between now and then.

I'm running for MIND again and this time Rach is joining in and raising money for Asthma UK.

Any CCC members up for a challenge? There's still plenty of charity run places available...

PS Thank you to you and Paul for the sponsorship, it is very much appreciated.

by willowtrousers Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 pm
well you certainly beat my time from last year, so I'll donate a few quid.

good effort, and good luck with the next one!

by tnwoolley Wed May 20, 2009 2:49 pm
Ta very much Willowtrousers!

You got any runs coming up?

by willowtrousers Thu May 21, 2009 10:17 pm
I haven't entered any events this or even run any distance since Leeds half marathon last year.
I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself. I need a goal, the great north might be a bit too cloese for me to train for. but i'm thinking about it...