Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Wed May 06, 2009 7:27 am
There's 2 World Class racing events on locally this weekend.

In addition to the Clifton CC Open TT on the Saturday, the World Cup comes to Dalby on Sunday.

'The British Mountain Bike Race Series comes to Dalby Forest for the first time on 10 May, and is your chance to see Olympic, international and national stars battle for the coveted national title. It is also your first chance to see and race on a brand new Cross-Country Mountain Bike World Cup course.'

Free entry to the Forest on Race Day.

by Allan Mon May 11, 2009 5:36 am
I had a great day at Dalby yesterday and watched some excellent racing. Even got to pick up some set up tips from the Giant racing team!!
Can anyone tell me who the clifton rider was in race 2? I hope he heard me shouting " C'mon clifton rider!'

by nickb Mon May 11, 2009 6:41 am
That was me, and no i didn't hear you sorry!
What course, some very sketchy sections, did you see the drop at the top of the gulley? I prerode on saturday on my hardtail to come back on sunday with my full suss! Although it made the drop offs a bit safer i think paid the price on the climbs. I got a crap start as i didn't do round 1 so wasn't put to the front of the grid and ended up being in the back third of 50 riders when it bottlenecked at the first singletrack. People then kept making stupid mistakes and dropping wheels causing gaps to open which they couldn't close. Clawed my way back up to 12th which i wasn't too happy with but it's ok.

The worst bit about yesterday was watching Jen O'conner come off at the bottom of 'worry gill' judging by her screams in agony i think she broke something. Not what you need before your race!

by GOLDGPR Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm
Didnt get down but what was the course like and are they making it a waymarked route??

G

by Allan Mon May 11, 2009 5:49 pm
well done NickB - 12th sounds good pretty good! Are you coming out Weds to show us how to take that drop off in Worry Gill??

by nickb Mon May 11, 2009 9:05 pm
Nah, had enough of that for this week! This me on that drop;
http://www.joolzedymond.com/photocart/i ... mage=34539
There are some videos on the BC site but it doesn't look like a big drop, you have to be there to see how sketchy it is.