Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Jez Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:23 pm
So thought I'd test the water and see what everyone's up to for the long weekend at the end of May. Figuring that it will be spring and almost summer thought it would be a great opportunity to go away camping and biking, maybe some climbing, kayaking or whatever takes your fancy. Open to all suggestions, with regards to location, though thinking Snowdonia region might be good option to take in Coed y Brenin with possible campsite in Bala where white water rafting is also an option. Let us know if you'd be interested and will take it from there.

by Lilly Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:49 pm
Sounds great - well volunteered! Unfortunately I can't do end of May bank hol!

If it moves for any reason I can do 2 May bank hol and would be up for it...

by tnwoolley Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:08 pm
I think Rach and I are camping in the site behind the Wheatsheaf Inn (mark or jackie on 01900 85199 or e-mail wheatsheaf.inn@btinternet.com) in Lorton, Cumbria that weekend. Will be doing a load of cycling, walking and climbing plus maybe the odd BBQ if the weather is nice enough! If anyone happens to be in the area...?

by Jiri Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:47 pm
Guys, I would like to join. Weekend May 22nd - 25th suits me well.
I am opened for camping, biking, hiking and kayaking.. Snowdonia or Lorton sounds both great.
I just need a lift from York if possible :wink: Otherwise I can rent a car and than I will look for somebody for sharing.
How many of you will go to Lorton?

by SDE Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 pm
hi guys,
i may be interested in going if it all stays on the cheap side
I'm a camper, a kayaker, a biker and do some hiking so this ticks all my boxes. It is during my exams but i have that friday and all of the week off so a break from the exams would be good for a few days
would need a lift from York though

Shaun