Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by David Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:18 pm
Id love to be towed around it an inflatable dingy - think it would be a laugh

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by SimonW Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 am
How so? Unless you have an engine on your mountain bike!

Simon

by David Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:24 pm
the dingy was going to be attached to a 4x4 according to the link above

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by SimonW Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:54 am
Thanks Dave but I was replying to allyst170!

My reason, having read the artical, is that no seems to be having a go at mountain bikers like he sujested, just motor bikes and 4x4's!

Simon

by allyst170 Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:28 am
The issue was not with the article but with one of the reader comments.

Here is part of the statement:

It's backfiring though. Now the 4x4's have moved on, the mountain bikers have moved in with a vengence. There are people pegging around Dalby at speeds which are twice the 4x4 limits and causing serious damage to tracks and ramblers alike. My friends father was almost killed by someone on a bike hitting him at 35mph. Can he sue, can he hell thanks to the selfish mountain bikers refusing to take out insurance for this sort of accident. He is now seriously injured and unable to earn money. If he had been hit by a 4x4 on a green lane, the vehicle has to be insured by law, failure to do so is the same as driving on the A64 with no insurance. The biggest difference between mountain bikes and trial bikes/4x4? You can control motorised transport with laws and gates, not mountain bikers...it's a matter of time before someone is killed in Dalby by a mountain biker. For once, pedal power is causing more damage than diesel power!

by SimonW Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:58 am
Thanks for the pointer, your comments make sence now.

mztripps does seem rather ill informed about all things mountain biking!

Cheers,

Simon

by Tullio Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Now it makes sense. I kept reading the article and couldn't see anyone bashing MTBs.

It makes you wonder where people get all that negative energy from to write all that drivel. Some people just enjoy looking at other people's lives and criticising, usually without much knowledge of what they're actually talking about.

The choice is to respond and join in or ignore them. I know what I choose.

by Dr Dave Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 am
To be fair, if someone close to you was badly injured then this would tend to induce strong feelings.....

by Cavegiant Mon May 11, 2009 8:54 pm
I think it is the walkers fault, if he just hit the dirt when he heard the cyclist, as long as he is thinner than the MTB travel, no problem!