Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:55 pm
I know it's a way off yet but, at Easter we'll be having a Club Weekend away to the MTB Marathon at Builth Wells in Wales and I know a few of you are keen. Entries have just opened.

It's the first event of the 2009 series and has a night event on the Saturday and 2 MTB Marathon routes on the Sunday (short and medium, there's no full 100K), plus a Mini Marathon of 25K for Juniors and Beginners.

I like these weekends because we can get a few of us there and there's very little organising to do, just pay for your entry online and your camping is included. If you do both the night event and the Marathon the following day you get a discount for the 2.

Details and entry at http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/entry_for ... _forms.php

Any MTB Marathon 'virgins' that don't know the format, post your queries here.

by David Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:59 pm
id be interested in coming - day before my birthday

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by Lilly Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm
Got the application form; I assume Paul you're planning both the Sat night and Sunday day ride?!

by Gully001 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 pm
I'm coming just try and keep me away,anyone want a lift ?

by StephF Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:27 am
I'm coming too, will probably do both the night and day race!

by Jez Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:03 pm
I'm in - just booked a place on the Half Marathon - 45km. First race of the year so don't want to burn out to early in the season......

by Gully001 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 pm
That a good idea Jez don't want to over do it this early in the season my do the 45k also

by Alistair12 Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:04 am
Wont be able to make this as we where away at sherwood weekend before this.

by SimonW Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:41 pm
Sorry can't make this one! Hope to do the next one though.

Simon