Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Allan Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:22 pm
As my trailquest has been cancelled, I will be there!
Look forward to meeting you all.

by David Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:40 pm
I will not be there - unfortuantly other commitments have arised

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by Tullio Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 pm
I've had a few queries about Sunday so I'll try and cover them here;

1. 'Isn't it a bit snowy to go riding?' - :roll: I'm aware it's been snowing but, as usual, we'll adapt/improvise. I've been working in Skipton today and there's about 6" snow on the fields and some on the tracks. It'll be different but wrap up warm and don't turn up on slicks. We'll keep warm with some hills and hit a Cafe afterwards.

2. 'What's the weather forecast?' - v.cold and more snow! See 1.

3. 'Won't we get lost/have trouble finding the tracks?' - I've got a birthday on Monday so no intention of getting lost. Follow me!

4. 'What's it like riding in the snow?' - Great fun!

Seriously, we'll be fine. Pack lots of warm stuff and a bit of food, and a camera as it looks fab out there. Bolton Abbey Station have allowed us to park in their Car Park so long as there's no more than 4/5 cars so please double up in cars. When you arrive park to the left near the old carriages.

See you Sunday.

by Alistair12 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 pm
would this ride be ok for me and the 2 boys?
meryvn

by Tullio Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:17 am
I think it'll be similar to last month, perhaps a bit colder but not quite as hilly.
Just make sure the boys are well wrapped up.

by pete Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:11 pm
Hi,

Very snowy up here (Fridaythorpe) at the moment, forecast is for ice and snow tomorrow. Not sure if I'll make it looking at the weater conditions outside my window, if I'm not there by 10.30am don't hang around for me as I won't be coming.

Pete

by MattH Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:27 pm
Would love to join you all tomorrow, but the weather is making it abit doubtful for tomorrow/over night :?

Also, I need to send off my membership application its still sat on my desk!

Hope you all have a great ride, the area looks pretty good from google Earth!

Matt.