Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by David Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:22 pm
Hello

Im a newly joined member - I am a AS Level Sport student at York College and for my moderated Sport Ive choosen Mountain Biking, mainly because a caught the bug when on a taster ride with Clifton CC - I loved it!!

I understand that im new and unkown by many if not all of you and I haven't put anything into the club yet.. So I don't expect a high level of responce - but any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If you fell you could help please fel free to give me a mail at davidcrawshaw10@googlemail.com

For my AS in sport I have to get some video footage of me mountain biking.

There are 5 skills, each skill is marked out of 5

Starts and Finishes
Climbing/Decending/Riding Technique
Route Selection/Positiong
Tatical Awareness (in non competitve enviroments can be terrain and obstacles on the trail)
Bends/Cornering

I have to do 3 trails, 2 are non competitive 1 is competitive

Trail 1 (non competitive) has to have 3 skills

Trail 2 (non competitive) has to have the 2 skills not used in Trail 1 and 1 skill already used.

Trail 3 (competitive) Has to have Starts and Finishes,
Climbing/Decending/Riding, TechniqueBends/Cornering and then another
skill listed above.

Me and my teacher both believe that the examinors will not know what there are on about so i don't actually have to use 3 seperate trails it can all be on one trail.

I think that the 40km route Clifton CC did on the day i had a taster would be the best route to do as I know it the best and there is a part of the course that would be suitabile for all the different skills that have to be performed. And there are areas suitable to do the skills that I have do mulitiply times.

A request....

Would there be any kind members of Clifton CC that would accomany me, as in the competitive bit I would need someone to compete against, also would there be anybody who could help in the filming department - as the footage need to be of decent quality and our camera is quite old (aka not very good), I can borrow one from college yet I would need some one to film me.

I would ask my dad to film but since he had Pneumonia he can't do any demnding physical activites. And I don't want to have to push him to do it.

And finally is there any members that have head cameras? As i think that this would be a nice touch and may possible improve my grades.

Thanks for reading

David

P.S ill buy anyone that helps a pint - or a cup of tea because im not allowed in to pubs :wink:

Nothing is real...everything is permitted

by Carl01 Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 am
Hi, this is carl michale and I also new here in this forum. Actually I just join this forum and I thought I should introduce myself with all of you, so I carl michale and is my real name but my friends and family call me only carl and I am 22 years old. I love to explore the new place and station spending holidays. I also found some similar material that's why I sign up this forum.