Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Debs Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 am
Happy New Year All!
Winter Warmer is on schedule so happy to lead ride if weather is suitable for this ride Jen and I have started this ride before and ultimately had to abandon due to poor weather conditions!! However it promises to be a great ride!
So, how does 10:30am at Grassington Car Park grab you? Please post if you are coming so we know to wait for you!!!
If this is to be cancelled due to weather conditions I'll post on Saturday 17th...anyone got a stand-by ride they can offer??
Cheers
D

by Tullio Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:58 pm
Thanks for taking the initiative Debs. I'll be there for a gentle return to knobblies. A standby area could be something out of Masham heading for Pateley Bridge but I'm not sure that would be any better if the weather's pants.

by Jen Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm
See you there !

J :lol:
by woldskev Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 am
High I am a new member will be there on sunday

Kev

by allyst170 Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 pm
I won't be able to make it due to work, but as I never been before I just wondered what sort of distance terrain you covered.

Ally

by willowtrousers Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:10 pm
Anyone from York wanna car pool? Also I haven't been before, I'm not exactly sure where it is.

by Debs Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:37 pm
Ally

I'm not sure how far this ride is....in terms of what we normally do, it's difficult to put a distance on (does anyone monitor that might be able to advise) but as general rule of thumb we don't leave anyone behind and we can always cut rides short or make longer if required. Best thing to do is get out and join us! Shame you can't make Sunday but I'm guessing the night rides will be starting again soon.

Debs

by Debs Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:42 pm
Hi Willow Trousers

Think the Grid Ref is SE002 637 but have got that off OS Website and not a physical map so I might be a bit out. Basically you're looking for the national park car park in Grassington.

D

by allyst170 Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 pm
Hopefully will be able to make it soon. I was able to cope with dalby red route in under 4hrs. Haven't been out since November although still cycle to work so not that rusty.

Ally

by Tullio Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 pm
Chris,

Mail or call me re lift on Sunday. We can double up.

Paul

by Lilly Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:46 pm
I'm planning to come too - Southbank based - can I share a lift withanyone/offer it. Can get 2 bikes in (including mine)

by Tullio Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:43 pm
Chris, I'll call you tomorrow to sort transport.

Lisa, I'll see you tonight at the Dinner to discuss.

by Gully001 Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:38 pm
Count me in

by MattH Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:51 pm
i'll have to send my membership form in so I can join you all. Sounds like fun, esp looking at the O/S maps for the area! Hopefully next time!

Matt