Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:02 pm
Our next, official, weekend away will be to Glentress/Innerleithen from 27th Feb -1st March 2009. The 2 areas are part of the 7Stanes network of trail centres in the Scottish Borders. Glentress is great for all levels offering a mixture of easy tracks for beginners, purpose built technical trails and some remote, natural stuff on the outer limits. A shop and café on site will help to warm up and supply food and drink. Innerleithen is a little more rugged offering some very technical riding and a downhill course.

I’ve found and booked a modern, well equipped, bunkhouse for the weekend literally a stone’s throw from Glentress. Cost will be roughly £18 pppn. There’s a well equipped Kitchen so we can cook in (we have the whole building to ourselves) to keep costs down, lots of showers, bike washing and storage and all linen provided.

Demand for this trip is high and space is a little limited so priority will be given to paid up (2009!) members. Probably a good time to renew or join for 2009 if you haven’t done so already!

by Debs Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 pm
Me me me me!!! :D I'm in!!!
D

by Gully001 Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm
I'm in :0)

by Rich Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:55 pm
Count me in :D

by Tullio Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:13 am
Some of you have asked about the process for renewing or new membership.

Reminders for renewal were sent out with the Autumn Cliftonite. However, the process is the same for both. Just print off the form from the website, fill it in and return to the address at the bottom of the form with your subs.

Those of you who've joined since the beginning of October should already have a card covering them for 2009. If you're unsure just mail me at mtb@cliftoncc.org and I'll look you up on the database.

by anotherpaul Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:51 pm
Yup, now that I'm a paid up member you can definitely count me in! :D

by Tullio Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:21 pm
I've a spare space on this trip if anyone who hasn't signed up already is interested.