Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:44 pm
OK, the weather is miserable and the days are closing in a little so how about this for something to look forward to?

I'm going to organise a weekend away in the Spring for some skills coaching. The rough format will be to head off Friday evening (probably either Lakes or Borders) for a 2 day, fairly intensive, skills weekend. I'll hire an instructor and we'll have some time for coaching and some time in between for practice so we can all come away armed with new skills and confidence to, hopefully, keep us upright more of the time. It will be focussed purely on trail/bike handling skills and not fitness, navigation, leadership etc.

Cost will be in the region of £100 each including accomodation.

So what do you all think?

I need to get an idea of who's interested and what sort of skills you'd like included so I can firm up with a suitable provider.

by Debs Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:53 pm
Hiya

Would seem like a good idea - would depend on dates chosen as to whether I'd be available but in essence, yes I'd be up for this.

The AQR skills day I went on was okay but still left me with a number of questions about how to improve my riding - particuarly my slowness downhill which is something I really do need to tackle but don't want a full-on downhilling course!!! :lol:

D

by RH mtb Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:08 pm
Hi Paul,

yes I need it, so count me in! Hows the shoulder?

Regards

Richard

by John Banks Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 pm
Hi Paul
I would like to do some MTB stuff as well as road so I would be keen and should have a suitable bike by then. Although I have done a little, coaching on handling skills would be great.
Spring …. could that mean warmth and sunshine?
Cheers
John

by Helen Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 am
Paul

I am interested and would hope to be able to come
Just need the dates to know for sure.

Helen S

by willowtrousers Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:13 pm
I would definately be up for some coaching, I am away mid March though.

by tnwoolley Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:04 pm
You can count Rach and I in (if Leisure Lakes ever finish servicing our bikes!)

by Jez Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:40 pm
Sounds like a great weekend being planned, so count me in...

by NikB Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:39 pm
I'd like to learn more too. Not ben doing anything lately.

by saswoody Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm
Hi Paul

This sounds brilliant - i'd love to know what i've been doing wrong!! Count me in.

Thanks
Sarah

by anotherpaul Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 pm
Sounds like a good idea, count me in!
Paul

by ann.w Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm
count me in as well. I've just been on a 'trials to trails' MTB skills weekend in the lakes with cycleactive. It was great,although I wasn't really fit enough for some of the very long hill climbs on the second day. But by March I should be fitter, and will want a skills refresher. Brilliant idea. :D

by Lilly Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:29 pm
I'd love to learn how to get better - seem to get by on fitness alone at present!

by Tullio Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm
OK, I get the message. You want some.

I've already started the process of finding a supplier and I'll keep you informed by email. I've a pretty clear idea of what I want from the course and, once I've spoken to some instructors, I'll give you more details. It should be a really fun weekend away.

You've set me a pretty tall task as, including those that have emailed me, we've got about 18 interested now. We might have to disappoint some if the date we pick doesn't suit everyone but I'll do my best to make sure everyone who's asked gets a place.

by MikeW Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:36 am
Hi Paul - hope I'm not too late, but yes please, count me in

Mike