Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Gully001 Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:28 pm
Anyone wanting to come out and play Friday night at Dalby forest ? 7 @ the visitors center

Gull

by Gill C Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:34 am
Yes Please! Will be there for 7. Are you riding Sunday too?

by Gully001 Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:32 pm
No cant make Sunday but i maybe going to Llandegla on Saturday if anyone's intrested ?

by Tullio Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm
This year we're going to try to run a few, regular night rides on a Friday if the demand is there.

Gully has kindly offered to organise the first one this Friday and we're looking to others to volunteer in future weeks.

If you want these to be a regular event you need to show your support.

by barberj Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 am
I will be there if I can borrow some lights.

by willowtrousers Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:08 pm
Ill try to be there, but might get snagged at work so don't hang around on my account.

by barberj Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:29 pm
I am borrowing a Hope 1 LED light so see how it goes.

Jeff

by Gully001 Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:55 pm
Are you all scared of the dark ? night riding is so much fun :P

by willowtrousers Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm
"Are you all scared of the dark ?"

I am, I fell off last time! And my DIY light only seems to last 80 mins on full. back to the drawing board me thinks... :idea:

by saswoody Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:39 am
Hiya Will be there if I can borrow/get some lights sorted in time. Cheers Sarah :D

by barberj Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 am
I did do Coed y brenin with a 1 watt commuter light and that was no fun. Once everybody had left me using their HID and LED floodlights I couldn't see the either the way the trail was going or what was in the way! Castle Howard was fine with 1 watt light as long as you could stick on somebody elses tail.

by Rich Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:14 pm
Can't make this week but will be out next time. If anyone wants to borrow my light your more than welcome, and it's up for sale :)

Rich

by Tullio Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:23 pm
Sarah,

You can borrow my lights as I'm not out. I'll send them with Gill.

by saswoody Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:50 pm
hiya thats brill Paul thanks - any special requirements for fitting lights to my bike? I'll bring plenty of duck tape just incase! Thanks again - see you tomorrow Gill. :D