Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:28 pm
Last year we organised a 2 day ride across the Moors – the ‘Alternative Moor to Sea’. Most of those who went enjoyed the adventure of backpacking on a bike across some remote trails...and the mystery of my route choice.

This year we’re doing another one in the Dales. The plan, loosely, is to start Saturday morning from somewhere near Nidderdale and ride across the Dales, mostly off-road, to stay err…somewhere else. I’ve got a couple of places in mind and will make a final decision once I know what the profile and size of the group is. How tough it is will largely depend on the weather but expect to be in the saddle for 6 hours + each day. Accommodation will be basic but comfortable and cost about £14 per person. There will also be a B&B option for about £35 if you really don’t like cockroaches.

I’m planning at least 1 café stop each day for re-fuelling and we’ll be eating in a pub for dinner on the Saturday. You’ll therefore just need to pack enough clothes, tools, energy bars etc. for 2 day’s riding…and a sense for adventure.

So far I have about 6 provisional riders but really need to firm up and pay as it’s <5 weeks away. Please let me know by Friday night (5th Sep) if you’re coming. I then try to tailor distance and route according to capabilities of the riders.

by Tullio Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 am
Nearly full. I have 3 spaces left max and I'm booking the accommodation tomorrow.

Last chance!

by Tullio Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:05 am
Full

by barberj Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Just rang the hostel and you can borrow a towel for 50p. They have 12 available. Also there is no washing machine available for washing clothes but this could be done in a sink and dried in the drying room.