Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:14 pm
This Sunday we're off to Dalby Forest for a bit of an open day.

There'll be the usual MTB ride for regulars plus a bit of a social/picnic for partners, children etc. It'll also be ideal for any newcomers to the MTB side as there is bike hire at Purple Mountain on site.

The plan is for riders to meet at 10am outside the new Visitor Centre. We'll also try to set up an obvious base on the picnic site/play area adjacent to the Centre (look for the Clifton Jersey). You can either bring your own picnic or there's a choice of cafes for food.

Post here if you're interested.

P.S. A reminder also that you need to pay to get into the Forest. If you haven't got an annual pass you'll have to buy a day pass on the gate. Which is £5 or £6 (not sure really as I've always paid annually).

by barberj Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 pm
Its £7 for a day pass. I will ask the wife and children if they are interested tonight.

by cath Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm
I'm planning on coming with Claire, Peter & Siobhan and maybe Paul.

by ClaireG Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 am
Yup, Siobhan & I and Cath & Peter will be there. With a bit of thought, we plus the bikes will all get into 1 car.............
Looking forward to it.
Will be bringing a picnic too.

Claire

by barberj Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:51 am
Me, Rachel and the girls will be there with bike at 10am.

by barberj Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:57 pm
Excellent Ride led by Paul C parts of the red and black route and also off piste. Gill lead a good family rider and their son Seb showed my two daughters (Rosemary 7yrs, and Amelia 5yrs) some MTB techniques. The children then had a picnic and went off to play on the playground and paddle in the stream and generally have a wonderful time. Gill also managed to persuade my wife to have a go MTBing, one we had swapped over looking after the children. We also managed to get all the best weather with it being sunny and fine until after 3pm.