Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:01 pm
Anyone up for a ride this week?

After last week's mudfest and the heavy rain recently I'm thinking it will be an 'edited' version of the East loop. The forecast tomorrow looks a little wet but we'll meet at the usual place unless it's hosing down.

by NikB Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:11 pm
Assuming I can get away from work on time then I'll be there :lol:

by MikeW Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:19 pm
New to the club and this board !

Where is the usual place, how far and how long are you out for ?

Many thanks

Mike

by Tullio Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:57 am
Usual place = Coneysthorpe Crossroads, layby just South opposite the big Lake

Usual time = 19.00 sharp

The weather is looking increasingly iffy tonight now with heavy rain due to arrive late afternoon. I'll update this post about 4pm to say whether it's cancelled or not.

If it's cancelled it'll give you all time to fettle your bikes for Sunday's Club Ride :D

by SimonW Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 am
Just watching the weather also!

Simon

by Tullio Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:19 pm
Well the weather hasn't deteriorated as forecast so I'm planning to be there tonight.

by NikB Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:31 pm
Haven't seen a drop of rain as yet.

by SimonW Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:51 pm
Its started in Clifton!

by Gully001 Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:15 pm
so is it on ?

by SimonW Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm
Its not showing any signes of getting any better, so I am going to give it a miss tonight.

by Tullio Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:55 pm
Is anyone bothering?

by Tullio Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:58 pm
2 of us are definitely going so turn up for a ride if you want

by Tullio Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:20 am
Well despite the threat of 'monsoons' last night 6 brave souls ended up enjoying an evening ride around the tracks last night. Yet again a good sprinkling of new faces so I hope they weren't put off by the rain but we, at least, avoided the worst of the mud.

Can any David Bellamys out there tell me what's going on with nettles this year? They're as thick, tall and potent as I've ever seen them and every week there's more. We could hardly see any of the tracks last night.

I think it's Deb's trip around Yearsley next week for a change of scenery.

Watch this space..

by NikB Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 am
It certainly was a nettle fest last night. My stinging legs kept me up most of the night! :?

by Rob Jones Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 pm
Hi there, I'd like to come along this week for a ride, first time with Clifton CC. Is anybody going this week, if so whereabouts?