Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by tnwoolley Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:33 pm
Howdy fellow MTBers,

I'm thinking of taking a trip over to Wharncliffe woods near Sheffield next weekend and just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone wanted to come along too? I've not been there before but by the sound of it there is some decent singletrack and even some Steve Peat worthy DH if you're that way inclined. I'll probably aim to be there for 9.30-10am (not decided on sat or sun yet so if anyone has a preference let me know) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather stays as good as it has been this weekend!

Hopefully see you there.

Tom.

by charlie Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:27 pm
Am racing the NPS round 3 at Grizedale this weekend, but I have been keen to get to Wharncliffe to see the work they have done down there. Phil Dixon (National MTB coach and Wharncliffe local) reckons that is good enough to have a Wold cup xc down there!

I'd be interested to know what you think of it, so please report back! It could be a could alternative to Dalby. Certainly doesnt take any longer to get to...

by tnwoolley Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:02 pm
good luck for the weekend charlie, im sure you'll do us proud! i'll take a camera and mental notebook and give you all a synopsis of whats out there.