Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to discuss Mountain Biking: Organise rides or lifts, or just chat about rides, equipment or anything else.

Moderators: StephF, Tullio, Moderators

by Tullio Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:37 am
Same format as last year?

Weekly Wednesday meet at the layby opposite the Lake at Castle Howard, Coneysthorpe Crossroads. 7pm sharp.

There's been talk of some routes at Yearsley also, which is no further, so later in the year we might vary it.

No official leader or organiser, just organise via the Discussion Board on a weekly basis.

by tnwoolley Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm
hi paul, do we need lights for wed eve mtb ride?

by Tullio Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:36 am
We should be OK next week. Sunset next week isn't until 7.10. You get about 40 mins decent light after that usually.

In the Autumn the last 3 or 4 rides we did finished in the dark so lights were needed but the rest were all without lights.

by barberj Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:52 am
I will see if I can make it. My youngest is in the middle of chicken pox so might not.

by Debs Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:43 pm
Hi

Sounds like a good idea to me! Hoping that it won't be too fast though as ride already on a Tuesday night and generally get slaughtered. Would be nice to have a "recovery" ride on a Wednesday!!!

Debs

by Tullio Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 am
I shalln't be there tonight due to a sick bike, but Gill is turning up armed with a route. It's very wet out there at the moment and we still haven't got the full 90 mins of light so some 'flexibility' may be called for.

Anyone else planning on turning out? 19.00 at the layby by the Lake, Coneysthorpe crossroads if you are.

by barberj Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 am
Hope to be there tonight with a friend from work. I am not sure about all the trails having only ridden in the area once. Half of that was in the dark following someones tail light. I am however bringing my map and GPS so should be able to at least help in this regard.
by RichK Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:56 am
Hi there. I've spoken to the MTB club and this will be my first ride out with the club. I'll be there at 7.

Rich Keeling

by Debs Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:10 pm
Hi

I should be there!!!

Debs

by barberj Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 am
Five of us including two first timers were out for the first ride riding for about 1 hours 40mins. Thanks to Gill for leading us with with the help of her new and impressive GPS. We had a wonderful if muddy ride with some lovely views. :lol:

by tnwoolley Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:22 pm
is anyone going out for the wed eve ride tomorrow?

by Tullio Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 pm
My wheels are still minus their bearings so I'm not (suppliers :evil: ). I'll try to get Gill to lead again...unless there's any other volunteers? Forecast looks warmer than last week but maybe damp.

by tnwoolley Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:50 pm
well i'll be there for a pootle around regardless (have got a new bike to play with!). think my missus might come along too as she quite fancies joining the club. hope to see some others!

by Debs Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:08 pm
Hi - I won't be able to make it tonight (or for a couple of weeks unfortunately) - hope Gill's got the GPS suss'd!
Happy Riding

by barberj Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 pm
I will not be able to make it either. Its my wifes turn to go out.