Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to co-ordinate race/event entries, lifts etc.

Moderator: Moderators

by Arthur Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:57 am
I've entered the series and hope to ride most. As last year I'll be riding out and hoping to get a lift back (and riding back if not).

As Phil says we meet at the chaingang start point at 5.15 for a 7.30 race and ride out nice and easily.

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:05 pm
Just bumping this to the top to remind everyone that the first event is on Tuesday evening, starts at 7.00. Who's entered for the series and who's thinking of doing a few?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - for anyone thinking of dipping a toe in to road racing, this is the place to do it! Further info at http://www.yorkshiretliseries.net/

by Andy J Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:29 pm
Ive entered the series again this year, see you all there on tuesday. As a matter of interrest, whereabouts is the leisure centre?

by PhilBixby Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:12 pm
The map link on the series website seems broken but a quick googling reveals it's about halfway along the Wetherby Road between Boroughbridge town centre and the first roundabout heading out towards the Walshford and Aldborough circuits. Somewhere near those chicanes and parking bays then.

by JamesM Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:26 pm
What time are riders meant to be their to sign on? I will be hopefully be there, but I wont be riding out to it, I'll get a lift off whichever parent is home.
I would offer a lift back but we don't have a working bike rack :roll:

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:24 pm
I'd aim to be signing on at least half an hour before the start, more if you can talk the lift-giving-parent into it; I'd imagine it'll be busy at the first race as they'll be taking payments etc. Second race onwards for most people it's just turn up, sign start sheet, pick up number.

See you there!

by PhilBixby Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:09 am
Tonight's the night! I'll be riding out so will set off from the chaingang departure lay-by (just beyond the ring road on the Rufforth road) at 4:45 sharp (it'll switch to 5:15 when the race starts move back to 7:30). If anyone wants some company then feel free to join me for a very steady paced ride.