Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to co-ordinate race/event entries, lifts etc.

Moderator: Moderators

by PhilBixby Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:11 pm
...I've entered a mixture of stuff which (with the exception of the upcoming Seacroft Wheelers) doesn't overlap with AndyJ's programme, so:-

BC Seacroft Wheelers 30/03
BC Philip Russell (Stokesley) 06/04
LVRC Leeds Mercury 13/04
LVRC A1 Classic 27/04
LVRC Barton Wheelers 07/06
LVRC Tom Simpson Memorial 22/06
LVRC Vic Sutton Memorial 06/07

I'd also quite like to have a crack at some of the ERRRL Thursday evening races, tho they obviously clash with the SPOCO's.

I don't have a car (tho can sometimes borrow one) but am happy to share costs if anyone's able to give me a lift to any of the too-far-to-ride-out events. Being car-less saves me money so I'm more than happy to cough up and ride out to a convenient pick-up point!

..plus I've entered the Boroughbridge TLI series and will be riding out to them. Usual arrangement last year was to meet out at chaingang start point about 2hrs before race start and do a very relaxed ride out as a warm-up. Who's doing them this year? Any newcomers? Fast lads from the Saturday rides??? Come on, you know you want to....

by IanH Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 pm
I have also entered the Leeds Mercury RR on 13/04, I will be driving out there with my bike rack on if you want a lift Phil, if you are riding out there your welcome to have a lift back if you don't fancy riding back.

Cheers

Ian H

by PhilBixby Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:50 pm
Many thanks for the offer, Ian. At the moment I'm still doing the frozen peas shuffle with my shoulder and haven't ridden the bike in a week, so I'm not sure if I'll be there at all - but will be in touch nearer the time.

Start sheet for the A1 Classic has your name on it too - good man!

by PhilBixby Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:50 pm
I had a very gentle 50-miler today which while it reassured me that my legs still work, it made it clear that there's no way I could ride on the drops at the moment so I'm going to have to take the advice of my osteopath ("Race? Good heavens no. Take it easy, relax, put some weight on") and skip Sunday. Hopefully will be crunched back into line in time for the A1 Classic - will certainly take you up on a lift out to that if it's on offer!

Have a good ride on Sunday - you should recognise a few faces from the TLI's, and the weather forecast looks promising. Enjoy!

by like my bike Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:50 pm
Phil

Might have a go at the following, do I need to get a license?

LVRC Barton Wheelers 07/06
LVRC Tom Simpson Memorial 22/06
LVRC Vic Sutton Memorial 06/07

A J

by PhilBixby Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Good man! Yes, you'll need a licence. Membership form and princely sum of £16 to the regional registrar, who is Fred Lee, 15, Grangefield Avenue, Burley in Wharfedale, Ilkley, West Yorkshire LS29 7 HA - not as per Handbook. Then get the entries in pronto - they'll all be popular races.

You should enjoy all of those - Barton's a small, rolling circuit and usually a friendly race; The Tom Simpson is a HUGE event with nearly 200 competitors across all the age groups, and Vic Sutton uses the same circuit as the ERRRL race that you punctured on when you had those *****y terrible tubulars.