Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to co-ordinate race/event entries, lifts etc.

Moderator: Moderators

by nigelt Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm
I'm entered for this- 62 miles around Swaledale starting and finishing in Richmond. The website states that Adam Dowsett and Ben Swift will be riding this as they support the charity!

If anyone's entered and wants to coordinate transport let me know- I'm amenable to driving...

by Tobzlerone Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:40 am
Looks great, I've cycled there before and it's fantastic

by Brad Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm
Hi, im intrested how the event went? im thinking of entering the Colomba Cardio Classic on the 16th march, seems a very similar event??

by PeteP Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 pm
Hi Brad

I did this event in 2011, it was a very well organised event.

I've also entered the Colombia Cardio Classic on the 16th March, it's organised by the same people so it'll be well run. If you do enter & fancy some company give me a shout :D

by Brad Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 pm
Thanks, sounds good! i'll get myself entered.

by Brad Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 pm
Hi crazybadger, bit last minute but I am number 169 and will be on a silver cannondale. Aiming to be at Richmond for 8 and ready to roll, hope to see you there. Thanks Brad.

by PeteP Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm
Sorry Brad, just seen this now. How did you get on ? It was a pity we didn't get a chance to tackle Buttertubs Pass but you can't control the darn weather I supose :evil: I felt pretty comfortable & got round in just under 4 hours :D

by Brad Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 am
Yes, shame about the buttertubs and the guys who went over said it wasn't that bad, heyho. 4:03 four me with food station and stop to help a guy who fell off his TT bike!? He said his aero bars came loose coming into redmire. Very enjoyable and like you said well run event.

by PeteP Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:07 pm
Good to know you also enjoyed it,hope the guy was ok after his fall & well done for stopping & helping him out.

by Brad Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm
He was fine, bruised pride as much as anything. Lent him some Allen keys to tighten his bars up and he was on his way. He said it was first time out on the TT bike since August, lesson learnt I suppose. Any other ride recommendations this year?? Sorry to be a nuisance!

by PeteP Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm
I don't really do that many of these kind of events. I did 2 last year which were The king Of The Pennines run by Evans which in one word was BRUTAL for me anyway & the other one was the Colomba Chemo Classic which is exactly the same going on as last Saturday but a totally different & slightly more challenging route.
I got talking to a lad from Sunderland on Saturday's ride & he was praising the Pock Pedal so thats maybe an idea :idea:

Pete