Clifton CC Discussion Board

A place to co-ordinate race/event entries, lifts etc.

Moderator: Moderators

by Andy J Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:55 pm

First race is 21st April and then every other week

8 Races in total, first two starting at 7.00pm

First race is on the A168 Walshford

Second race is Kirby Hill circuit

more details can be found on the Airedale Olympic website, a quick google search will put you in the right direction
by timj Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:48 pm
i am new to the forum so just a short post . i am interested in entering the boroughbridge tli races next year . never raced . only sportives .what is the way to go about it any info appreciated

by PhilBixby Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Welcome, Tim!

The website for the TLI series is at http://www.yorkshiretliseries.net/ - there's nothing much up about next year yet but the link Andy's given to the Airedale site has dates etc.

There are usually a number of Clifton riders who do all or some of the series - including a few people (DaveC for example) who are regular sportif riders and dipped their toes into road racing via last year's series. Nearer the time I'm sure there'll be postings on here about lifts, riding out there together, etc.
by timj Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:15 pm
hi phil thanks for that is it the same for the club time trial events. do i need to be in the club .i am interested in joining

by PhilBixby Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:56 pm
Hi Tim

No, it's different to the Thursday evening time trials. To do the TT's you need to be a member of a CTT-affiliated club - if you're not already a member of one, then joining Clifton is your easiest solution! To do the TLI events you need to be a member of TLI (The League International - details at http://www.theleagueinternational.com/index.htm). You can get a "day licence" for individual events but it's much better value to simply join up if you intend doing more than the odd one. Other main difference is that the Thursday evening TT's are organised by Clifton, whereas the TLI series is organised by Cliff Beldon and the Airedale Olympic club.

It can be a bit baffling if you're new to racing - British Cycling, The League International, League of Veteran Cyclists and Cycling Time Trials are all separate bodies, and depending on whose rules each event or series is organised under, you may need to be a member of one or more of them, or a member of a club affiliated to one of them. Just check in advance and someone should be able to help - there's also a page on "getting started in racing" on the website.

by the robster Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:46 pm
Hulloo Clifton,

I am a 2nd year York St John student (I rode out to your 2007 HC with you) but have not ridden with you ffor a while due to a long-term health problem but this should soon be resolved. Anyway, I am interested in doing the TLI RR series and am a member of a club back in Essex (Maldon & District CC) but would I need to be a member of the Clifton in order to ride these events?

Many thanks,

Rob Tyas.

by PhilBixby Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:18 pm
Hi Rob

You don't need to be a member of any club to do the TLI's, but you do need to be a member of TLI. You can get day membership for individual events but it's much cheaper to simply join in advance.

Details of TLI membership at www.theleagueinternational.com
Details of the race series at www.yorkshiretliseries.net