Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Huni Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 pm
Just wondering what date Clifton chaingang usually starts? Clocks go forward this weekend.

Thanks,

Simon N
by Cam B Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:12 pm
It should be this Tue...I think it got a fair few pitching up regularly last year...
by mart66 Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 pm
These were really good last year. I won't be able to make many from now on but hopefully most of the regulars will be out to keep it going.

Cheers
by JohnS Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 pm
No one out tonight! Didn't post earlier as I wasn't sure I would be able to make it. Anyway nice to be riding outside again!

Hopefully we'll get a few more next week.

Cheers

John
by JohnS Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 pm
No one out tonight! Didn't post earlier as I wasn't sure I would be able to make it. Anyway nice to be riding outside again!

Hopefully we'll get a few more next week.

Cheers

John
by Dr Dave Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:58 pm
What time does the ride start (and when do you pass through Tockwith as I might be able to join you there work permitting)?

Keep pedalling!
by Huni Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:10 pm
Usually meet @ 6:15pm next to the Rufforth roundabout on the ring road. I'll post when I can ride.
by paulM Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39 pm
I'm hoping to be out tomorrow. A spot of lurgy last week and technical difficulties prevented me from advertising the fact!
I say the same stuff about this ride every year- its fast and flat and a simple route - serves its purpose in my opinion. But the ride needs a critical mass of participants as its bloody boring and not that fast on your own & holidays, work, races, illness means not everyone will make it out!
Should we need to post on here about this ride every week - especially if you're not going to be out? Its the same ride at the same time so just turn up!
by Dr Dave Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 am
6.15 just isn't do-able for me I'm afraid. Like many I suspect in the pressured modern world the working day encroaches on early evenings.... :cry:

Keep pedalling!
by Rob Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:22 pm
Are the posts after Paul's deliberately taking the Mick?
For what it's worth, I wasn't there.
by mart66 Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:08 pm
Probably not, Rob

This ride would have died a death last year if it wasn't for people posting on here and generating some interest.

The average number of riders is probably about 5/6 so if 3 of the regulars post to say that they can't make it you know that it's not worth hacking across town for as there will be no 'gang'.

I don't really see what the problem is with posting. After all, what better use of a cycling club's discussion board than to organise rides?