Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Fri May 27, 2016 6:42 am
Should be out tomorrow. Anyone else around?

Also, has anyone raced recently? Haven't seen any updates.

Cheers

Martin
by Cam B Fri May 27, 2016 5:31 pm
Hi Martin
I am planning on getting out. I think Richard is too.

A few of us - including at least 2 juniors - did the NYERRL 3 race last night on the Bulmer circuit. Lovely evening. Similar to last year really with bunch steadily getting whittled down to about half who started. No-one really wanted to race although there were a couple of solo efforts that came to nought. And.. from the bag of excuses this week: gears jumping all over the shop every time I went up Bulmer meant I got distanced every time. I ended riding on the front last time up and found it was ok if I stuck it in the largest cog. It did mean that I still lost ground but fortunately I was always able to get back on at the top thru the village. I had a bit of go with about 2 k to go but got easily caught before the sprint up the bank into Sherrif started. Muzzy and Richard showed well throughout but didn't get in the points. 4 laps of that circuit and the ride home left me feeling a bit leggy this morning :shock: ....But... Muzzy told us that he did a 9 laps of that circuit once in a Premier calendar race at an average of 24 mph....Not too shabby that :D
by timj Fri May 27, 2016 9:17 pm
I rode the Bulmer race last night and was ok until got distanced by some parked cars in Terrington but I was determined to finish this race.Caught a group but no-one wanted to work so went alone until got in a group of 5 then 4 then 2 ,and so it was that 2 of us finished behind the main group.44 miles in a shade over 2 hours .With the ride home a good night .Tough course that.