Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:06 pm
Good to get out on the Chain gang this week. Only 5 of us but worth getting out. Good collaborative riding all round. I know at least 2 of us plan to get out on Sat. How about ........doing the East route to Malton - then take a right after Castle Howard - head to Hovingham - onto Easingwold - we can then go home via Crake and Huby or via Tollerton (opps. to line out with both options). There's enough lumps in the first part to put a bit of hurt in the legs before we line out.... but, just a suggestion....happy to go with a better plan :D . See you at the Square to get going for 9.00.
by JohnS Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:21 pm
Yes good to get out with you all on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll have more in the tank next week (think the Scotton 100 was still in my legs :oops: ). Not out on Saturday as doing the LVRC old blokes event down at Barton Saturday afternoon.

Have a good ride and hopefully see you on Tuesday (for a bit longer)

John
by mart66 Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:11 pm
I should be out tomorrow.

Chain gang was very good despite the weather.

Just considering whether to go with the summer or winter bike...
by timj Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:43 pm
Really good ride on Tuesday
The weather seems to make it sometimes!can't make sat as I am working/racing weekend so enjoy
Let's get the chaingang going strong again well worth it
by Cam B Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:19 pm
5 of us out yesterday. As billed, a few lumpettes early on. Probably should have taken a right at Easingwold to lengthen the ride a bit. Apologies for that call. Crayke/Huby just flew by as we lined out and we were back before you could say "Sky still haven't won a Monument". Chatting to Mike after....we probably just need to make it a little smoother when we come thru rather than going full gas (note to self as well!). In the end I think we'd go faster as a group. Turned into a bit of bun fight towards the end :) But... good ride nonetheless.
Planning to race next Sunday so won't be out next Saturday. If anyone is planning to do the T ride next Sat. may be useful to post something here. I see that Will Hub has expressed an interest in coming out so I'm sure he and others might welcome the heads up if anyone is planning a ride :D