Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by mart66 Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm
Ok - thanks for all those that are helping tomorrow.

We could really do with some extra helpers to judge the finish. If you have nothing to do after voting tomorrow and fancy watching a bunch sprint finish in a local bike race please bring your mobile and record it!

It could be vital

Cheers
by timj Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:36 pm
Could the marshals at the first few junctions get back to finish for the end?
by mart66 Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:07 pm
That's what we'll have to do.

I presume at least two marshals will have ridden out. Bring your phones.

Cheers
by bianchipete Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:35 pm
Hi Martin,
My Dad's riding out to watch and says he'll help with judging the finish.

Pete H
by Dr Dave Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:23 am
Also planning to ride out so should be able to help with finish

Keep pedalling!
by mart66 Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:12 am
Great stuff.

Thanks guys.

Just a reminder that the HQ is Thorpe willoughby sports association not the usual Wistow venue.

See you all there
by mart66 Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:14 am
Hi All

Massive thanks to everyone who helped out on the night and made the race a success.

No crashes or major incidents and the comms didn't have to stop the race to tell any of the riders off!

Extra thanks for everyone just 'mucking in' and helping with sign on and judging finish. Particularly Phil B who managed to lead the full cavalcade through the little village and onto the circuit!!

Cheers
by Cam B Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:13 pm
Yes...I was glad Phil had that job....I would have got lost and ended up in Leeds most probably. I've had longer neutralised starts but it seemed to take a while before we got going :D Well done Martin for organising this and dealing with the all the last minute problems not least of which was the late arrival of Yormed :wink: The Commys seemed really pleased with how it turned out and there lots of happy smiling faces at the finish so all went well :D
by timj Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:49 pm
Good effort everyone involved.