Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by JohnS Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:41 am
Now the clocks have gone forward any plans to start up the Clifton chain gang again?

If not what other options are there (start locations, times etc)?

Thanks

John
by mart66 Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:19 pm
The Cycleworks chain gang seemed to suck the life out of the Clifton one last year.

Apparently, there were 50 riders out last week. That's at 6:00pm from B&Q on Hull Road - Tues and Thurs

I don't get out for these much as I don't get home from work in time but it would be shame if the Clifton one didn't run at all.
by JohnS Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:10 pm
Thanks Marty

Yes Clifton chaingang died a death last year. Problem is if you can't rely on half a dozen minimum turning up its not a chaingang.

I'd love for the Clifton one run as it's ideal for me as I can leave the house at 6-6.15 ride down and meet between Rufforth and Tockwith.

I'd probably have to drive to the Cycleworks one but if that's the only option I'll have to give it a go.

Anyone else up for the Clifton one?

John
by PeteN Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:58 pm
I can't ever make the Cycleworks one as I can't get there on time.
I plan to make the Clifton one for the next two Tuesday's at least. Meet just after the rufforth roundabout as usual at 6.30.
by JohnS Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:17 pm
Count me in for that. I'll ride out to meet you between Rufforth and Tockwith.

Anyone else? Be great to get this going again.

John
by timj Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 am
Should be able to make it .how many r riding the training rides aren't they interested?
by nickb Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:26 am
I stopped riding it as I got sick of turning up with just one other person or sometimes nobody else! Ended up wasting a load of time. If I know there will be a decent number then I'd love to see it start again and will come along. It was always 6 or 6.15 though Pete...6.30 might be a little late at this time of year as it will be almost dark by the time we got back to the ring road.
by PeteN Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:14 pm
Shows what I know! :oops:
Ok, 6.15. See you there. Tuesday.
by paulM Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:58 pm
I'm really pleased John has kicked this off. I've been doing this ride for over 20 years but I thought last year we had finally lost the critical mass needed to make this ride worthwhile. Like Nick I got fed up dragging myself across York on the off chance that someone else will turn up! But two or three riders isnt a chaingang - its a team time trial! Six riders are at least whats needed and a club this size should be able to muster that. If you are doing the Saturday training rides you should be doing this ride if you can - its a simple route and fast and the best race training you can get - not for hiding in the bunch but working in a break. I will make every effort to be there.
by Cam B Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm
Aiming to be out this Tuesday also
by JohnS Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:20 pm
Not liking the look of the weather for this evening. Anyone else still planning to ride or should I put this down as another turbo session and pick up next week?

John
by mart66 Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:57 pm
I've arranged things so that I could get out tonight so I'm going to be out!

I'll wait at the layby for a few minutes then just push on.

Cheers
by timj Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:38 pm
I will be there also but I only have a bike with no guards as one broke off .!
by JohnS Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:44 pm
Okay you've both shamed me into riding! See you later

John
by Cam B Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:53 pm
Planning to get out on this tomorrow. Anyone else aiming to get out?