Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 pm
I'll to be out on Sat. morning unless weather turns completely barmy (forecast doesn't look brilliant at the mo.) Assuming you aren't keeping your powder dry for the Reliability ride on Sunday... suggest heading West: out on the Wetherby Road ....After Tockwith... take a left heading to Boston Spa then usual west route: Bramham, Thorner, Barwick, Aberford, Sherburn, Cawood, and back to York.

See you at Square to get going by 9.00 :)
by Cam B Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:25 pm
Just 5 of us in the Square. We picked up Mark at the bus shelter and, at Phil's suggestion, we wisely decided to stay reasonably close to York so we could bail if it got too cold and wet. It was definitely 'Gabba weather' or, in my case '3 layers with a heavy duty cape on top sort of weather'. That did the trick though as I only got "tolerably cold" rather than so cold I couldn't feel my extremities and would rather sit quietly sobbing behind a hedge. Jess and Mark opted to go right at Brandsby whereas Phil, the 2 Richs and I opted to go left (to continue hugging the outer boundaries of York) and went home via E'wold/Tollerton. Rain got a bit heavier later on and we cut short the ride but still a solid endurance session. Well done to newcomer Rich who looked strong and just got tailed off on the last few miles into York as the tempo picked up a bit.
See you next week :)