Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:57 pm
If I can get beyond the end of my road without a mechanical or puncture :) I should be at the Square for 9.00 on Saturday for a ride. How about if we do the route we did a few weeks ago: Out via New Earswick-Sheriff-Bulmer-Castle Howard-Nunnington-Hovingham-Easingwold? Not sure if that will be ok with the flooding...assuming Hovingham is not still underwater ....and we will probably have to come back via Huby rather than Tollerton/Overton. But happy to consider any other alternatives/suggestions.

See you in the Square for 9.00 :)
by mart66 Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:45 pm
I fancied getting back out for a training ride but the weather forecast brought back terrible memories of the ride from a few weeks back.

Hopefully this rain will have stopped by next week.
by Cam B Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:43 pm
Just the 4 of us yesterday: Muzzy, Andrew, Rich and I. Mucky weather again . We headed to Malton but diverted at Buttercrambe with the flooding. Enjoyed the route ...going down one or two roads I hadn't been down before. I had to call it a day 2 hours into the ride to sort out what I thought was a problem with my crank/chainset. I had replaced the BB earlier in the week and thought perhaps I had put the cranks on too tight so removed one crank....only to find that the front-derailler was rubbing on my chain ring quite badly. Once that was sorted I then found my left shifter had broken. I reckoned I could plod home in the small ring. But my left crank kept coming off somewhat comically still attached to my shoe. I did one pratfall at 2 mph into a ditch. Thank heavens no-one was in the vicinity to witness the pathetic sight :D . I put the crank on about 4 or 5 times only for it to come off 4 or 5 times and then tried pedaling with one leg....which didn't work out too well. I got to Sheriff and called the the 5th emergency service: my wife... who was "thrilled" to come out and rescue me. So a new shifter and new chain-set on their way (can't really complain about the old chainset..it's taken some stick and I've had it a while). Not the most productive of rides for me but looking fwd to next week :D