Clifton CC Discussion Board

The place to discuss racing and training.

Moderator: Moderators

by Cam B Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:04 pm
I plan to get out on Saturday. Guessing that there won't be too many out and, what with all this ......weather...we've been having, we could make a decision on the route when we are at the Square.... unless any has anyone thoughts and would like to post something?. Something in the region of a 3 hour ride would be good.

9.00 in the Square :)
by Sharpy Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:19 pm
Went out this morning and the southern route should be fine, all the roads are passable.

See you in the square,

Rich
by paulM Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:54 pm
I have a window of opportunity tomorrow. Anything but the Southern route please! I could have something in mind by tomorrow.

Happy New Year

Paul
by PeteN Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:33 pm
I might be able to get out tomorrow. I'm with Paul, southern route is dull as dishwater and soul-destroying on a breezy day. What about wetherby, up to Sicklinghall / Kirby overblow way? That way we'd we going out almost against the wind, get a long steady climb and back with a cross-tail wind?
by Sharpy Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:44 pm
Whatever works really, as longs as it's passable at the moment.

Rich
by Cam B Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:44 pm
Flat tyre before I even got to to the Square :?. For those that did make it to the Square hope you got a good ride in
by Sharpy Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:50 pm
We did wonder Cam. We waited for 10mins and then set off on a magical mystery 60mile tour of North Yorkshire. Headed towards Alne, but stopped by flooding. So cut back towards Wigginton, and up some random Road to Huby that was not paved in places then on towards Coxwold, Byland abbey, then back via sherrif hutton.

Good ride hills made it tough for me with the extra timber, thanks to all for the company and exquisite puddle ballet poses as we tried to keep our feet dry!!

Rich
by paulM Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:29 pm
Two floods, three U turns, five riders. All we were missing was a partridge in a pear tree! All this and a bit of off road. I don't do many Saturday rides and that may be a relief to many! It was actually not a bad morning, no rain, light winds, mild just a bit soggy under wheel. Good group today but only five riders made it seem harder than it should but everyone put in some strong turns. The road was flooded to a considerable depth in the dip before Tollerton and we had no alternative but to double back to Shipton and across towards Wigginton hence the short cut to Huby. But from there we were on great roads around Crayke, Coxwold and Yearsley. This is my direction of choice for a three or four hour ride with plenty of options and a good line out is possible back from Sheriff. One to build into the training ride rota surely?
by Sharpy Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:54 am
Yep, I think it's a good ride. I would be happy to do it more regularly.

Rich